Click the Cascade Logo to go to the Johnstown online permitting portal.
Building Permit Process - NEW
Here is an overview of the new online building permit process. For any questions click here to send us a message.
- Register - All applicants, contractors and public user will need to register for an online account in order to submit permits though the online permitting software. To register as a public or contractor user watch this video and then click the register link below. Once at the sign on page click Register as Public if you are not a contractor and Register as Contractor if you are. Be sure to search for you company before you create a new company. You may be listed if you have pulled a permit in the last year. - Click Here to or Sign In
- New Contractors - Fill out the following form and provide an insurance certificate with The Town Johnstown listed as the Certificate Holder - 450 S Parish Ave, Johnstown, CO 80534 -
- Send all Contractor Registration information to Paula Langford - mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment - After you have registered call the Town to pay the $100 registration fee. (Contractors Only)
- Once the town receives your payment and verifies your information and documents you will be verified in the system as an admin user which then will allow you to Apply for a permit online.
- Application - Download and complete the fillable application below. You will attach this to your online permit.
- Once registered and validated as a contractor you can click on Create Permit.
- Enter the address where it asks for a parcel number and select the address.
- Select the permit type that best matches your project.
- Click Save. This gets the permit in the system and send an email to the permit tech with the town.
- The permit tech will review the information. They will contact you for further information if needed.
- The permit tech will also contact you for a deposit. See the fee schedule for deposit amounts.
- Once the permit application is reviewed and deposit is collected it will go to the next step. See the workflow page in Cascade for all steps in the permit process.
- You will receive notifications throughout the process. If you are not seeing them check your junk/spam folder and add the email address to the safe list.
- Payment - Upon completion of reviews, an invoice will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Call the town to arrange payment. Permits will not be issued until approved and all payments received.
- Issuance - Upon issuance you will need to download and print the permit and have onsite for the inspector.
- A Print Permit button will appear once the permit has been issued under the Edit Values tab.
- Schedule Inspections - You can schedule inspections through Cascade in the Schedule Inspections tab.
- Notifications will be sent with results.
- CO/TCO/CC - Upon completion of all workflow steps listed in Cascade you will be able to print the final CO.
- The town will sign and email the CO/CC/TCO to the email address on file.
- Permit Closed
|File Size:||133 kb|